--- Gary Nunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a good news/bad news kind of thing, good that the sci-fi channel
> has some great ratings, sad at what it was that gave them the great
> ratings (I am not including Stargate in that statement)
>

> SCI FI's Saturday Original Movies delivered a 1.3 average rating this
> quarter, outperforming non-original Saturday movies by 18 percent. This
> year, SCI FI became the largest producer of original movies in
> television, beating out all cable and broadcast networks, the channel
> announced.

2 things

1) The way TV ratings are gathered will not hit the SciFi demographic, so
going by ratings is inapropriate.

2) Even given (1) it was Stargate which did it. I still believe that pulling
Farscape was one of their biggest mistakes. Farscape was the best show on TV
since Star Trek. The rumor is that they did not want to pay what the Henson
co. was requesting. The change in managment that occured the year before
droping Farscape is directly responsible.

If you agree with these statments it wouldn't hurt to send letters to the channel.

=====