On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 08:13 am, Doug Pensinger wrote:

The reason I term myself Agnostic rather than Atheist is that though I have no doubt that there is no omnipotent, omnibenevolent god that watches over us and listens to our prayers, and absolutely no doubt that the idea of heaven is hogwash,

So you are an atheist!

I can't know without a doubt that there may be vastly superior beings - on the order of being gods.

So you're an atheist on the matter of actual god(s), but agnostic on the possibility of god-like (But not god(s)) beings.

That would still be an atheist position I think.

I have no way of being sure that the origins of life on this planet were not initialized by such a being either. I doubt it, but cannot verify my mistrust.

We might all be in the Matrix, but I don't worry about it :)

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs.  -- Robert Firth