--- Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> d.brin wrote:
> >
> > My friend Paul Preuss probably won't be suing the guys
> > who made THE CORE.  Still, the possibility glimmers as
> > we stack up comparisons and things stolen from his
> > book CORE.  (Oh, and several scenes and thing
> > clearly borrowed from EARTH.)
> >
> I think this can cause some problems. Copy from one
> is plagiarism, copy from many is research :-)
>
> They probably can claim that they were taking ideas
> from many books so they can escape being accused of
> stealing from only one.

Disny and WB would definatly sue if you made a cartoon about a mouse named
nicky and a bunny named biggs.

Or how about "Alian Terminator" a movie about a T-14 cybernetic unit sent
back through time to kill a woman before she could spawn an insect like alian
that was growing in her stomach.

Marvel and DC would have a problem if you made a movie about Bat-gent and
Spider-boy 2 supper heroes that battle a ridieling clown and a goblin like
mutation, both dressed in green.

It's theft and something sould be done!

=====