On 27 Jul 2003 at 17:23, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I tried to play the MOD files in my WinAmp 2.81 and I'm not sure if
> all sounds are as they should be but I heard some songs... Sounded
> rather synthetic but that's probably as designed?

WinAmp is an awful MOD player. But basically think of a MOD file as a
MIDI with it's instruments embedded rather than relying on those on
the sound card.

Before MP3's came in, I liked them because they allways sounded the
same on any system (unlike MIDI's), and are small compared to WAV's.

Many can sound synthetic (many deliberately so), but I have a few
great .s3m (Screamtracker 3) files which don't.

Andy

> Regards
> Armin

Dawn Falcon