----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Minette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: TI interpreation of QM

Actually, even I was able to follow that kind of explanation.
And I don't have much of a physics or mathematics background.
(I find most physics concepts digestible even without the math concepts,
though I understand the maths lead to a more cogent understanding.)

What I have a hard time understanding is the (real long term) problem with
"backwards in time signals".
I see it repeated that you cannot violate causality, but most of the
examples I've seen given (perhaps they were oversimplifications) seem to
illustrate what amounts to an optical illusion. (In discussions about FTL)

I understand the principle that states that cause cannot precede effect.
*That* is quite easy to understand.
And I seem to recall that there is some axiom that says there are no
privileged frames or points of view.

But couldn't it be that "backwards in time signals" are part of an
underlying backbone or framework that underlies reality, normally
unobservable?
And that, like in most of the QM I have read, observation would change those
signals, therefore they would be inaccessible?

I guess my real question is "why cant there be a channel for backwards in
time signals?"

And I suppose my proposal is "if the simpler explanations have not worked,
perhaps trying a higher level of complexity might".

I really wish I had a greater understanding of QM and how it differs from
relativistic theory.

xponent
Ignorant Savage Maru
rob