I found this article while searching for info about my favorite
planet. Whether or not there is running water on Mars, I thought that
the subject line would provoke some imaginations! :)

http://www.msnbc.com/news/423452.asp#BODY

Patrick

"The images, taken from Global Surveyor’s mapping orbit about 230 miles
(370 kilometers) above the surface, clearly show dry V-shaped gullies
trickling down the sides of craters, with fans of debris spread below.
Since the areas were unmarked by craters, Malin and Edgett concluded that
the gullies were created recently in geological terms — perhaps hundreds
or thousands or millions of years ago, or even days ago, rather than
billions of years ago.
       Malin said the absence of craters means scientists can’t determine
how old most of the features are, “because the thing that we would
measure to say they’re old doesn’t exist.”"

Patrick Schlichtenmyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Be silly. Be honest. Be kind."