From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: _Politics,_was_[L3]_Re:_fight_the_evil_of _pricediscrimination
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:13:49 -0500

Jan Coffey wrote:

> --- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Then there is the matter of accidents.
>
> Simple solution, teach a class in gun safty in school. Replace the 10th 11th
> or 12th year of "english" those clases are a waste.

1)  I didn't consider any of those classes I took those years to be a
"waste", personally.

Neither do I. In fact, the foundation of writing skills and language analysis they established probably allow me to do my job effectively.

An observation: Just because a required class may not help you personally doesn't mean it's worthless. For example, I may never use the trigonometry that I learned about in HS in my daily life, but it's essential to everything from construction to chemistry.

Jon

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com