On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 09:08 pm, The Fool wrote:

Meanwhile, in the crowd was our good friend Neal Horsley, along with his
scary sidekick, Jonathan Toole. The First Freedom, Olaf Childress'
patently racist (and now anti-Semitic, complete with references to the
"Jew World Order") and neo-Confederate paper, was being handed out, along
with a variety of radical anti-abortion tracts and even several pieces of
literature attacking Catholics ("papists," etc.).

One guy had a sign that read, "The 10 Commandments or..." then, on the
other side, "The 10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto." Now, there's a
choice!

Overall, the whole thing has had the flavor of a New Yorker cartoon, the
classic depicting a guy with a long white beard and a sign screaming
"REPENT!" Lots of sackcloths and ashes, etc. Trucks with giant photos of
aborted fetuses, another one painted all over with Irwin Schiff anti-tax
propaganda.

Of course, the chief extremist in all of this is Roy Moore.

Mark also informs me that Hutton Gibson was in the crowd. I also gather
that Flip Benham of "Operation Rescue" notoriety has been hanging out in
Montgomery. Among the other extremist participants:

-- W.N. Otwell, who leads camouflage-garbed protesters at abortion
clinics and who has protested "race-mixing," calling America a "white
man's country."

-- Greg Dixon, the leader of the extremist Indianapolis Baptist Temple.

-- Michael Hill, president of the neo-Confederate (and definitively
racist, not to mention openly secessionist) League of the South.

-- John Cripps, a noted neo-Confederate.

Yes, but their beliefs make them happier and healthier, so that's OK then :)

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
- Bertrand Russell