http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/28/technology/circuits/28disp.html?ex=1377403200&en=007944b2e42f0199&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W20C15DE5

I've been hearing about this technology for a while, but this is the first time I've seen a picture of it in action. The somewhat bulky case they have it in is kind of disappointing, considering the display itself is supposed to be paper-thick, but given the outdoor-billboard application, I guess that's not unreasonable.

I'm really excited about the possibilities of digital paper, but technical details and specs are in very short supply. And the actual outdoor billboard application that this company seems to be focusing on is (for me) one of the least interesting possibilities, unfortunately. I want a digital ink newspaper or book, a digital ink animated poster or calendar I can tape to my wall, digital ink photo frames, etc. Ah, well. Hopefully in time it will happen.