> a question which arises
> after reading the article is why there are apparently not any private
> schools available which emphasize that their academic standards are
> superior to those of the "failing public schools" but which are not
> associated with any religious organization?  Are there indeed no such
> non-religious schools, or is there some other reason why that is not a
> valid choice in this case?

It is my opinion that 95+% of the people advocating vouchers do not give the
tiniest shit about improving education in general but are just desperately
trying to get around the church-state barrier to funding religious education with
public money. They want to fund their sectarian religious school with my
money, and I say to hell with them. (Forgive the possible pun.)

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle