> "G. D. Akin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >From: "William T Goodall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > G. D. Akin wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder how many of you read any of Andre
> > > Norton's early SF works (in the
> > > 50's, 60s).  She's known much more fantasy than
> > > SF, but she's written some pretty good SF.
> > >
> > > She wrote two books about a Native-American who
> > > had a telepathic connection
> > > with animals.  The books were "Beastmaster"* and
> > > "Lord of Thunder."
> >
> > I read those!

A cougar (IIRC?), an eagle and a mustang -- did I like
that?!  Hmm, let me think...  ;D

> > I remember the film. It wasn't very good...
> >
> You got that right!

<shudders at the dreadful memory>
At least in the current TV series he has some angst
over his family's plight, but the book's Hosteen Storm
is a much more complex character.  I'll read the new
additions to the saga, and hope they are as good as
the one about the redemption of the Keplians (some of
her more recent work is sadly below her former
standards, collaborater or no).

Breed To Come Maru -- Catz Rule!    ^   ^
                                    @  @ )
                                  == Y ===