Well, its official.... I'm now doing worse at predicting NFL games than I
ever dreamed possible.   Still, I am nothing if not stubborn, so here are
this week's picks:

Carolina at Houston - Its hard to see Tony Banks doing well against this
defense.  Pick: PANTHERS

Indianapolis at Miami - Well, I've been saying for weeks that the Colts are
the second-best team in football behind the Chiefs.... so I can hardly back
down now.  Pick: COLTS

Jacksonville at Baltimore - Yes, I stil think that Baltimore is a bad team.
  I also think that Jacksonville is a worse team.  Pick: RAVENS

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - The Saints had their chance to turn around their
season last week, against Carolina at home in overtime.   Given their past
history, I can easily see the Saints just starting to mail it in from here.
 Pick: BUCS

New York Giants at New York Jets - This is the game of the week in my mind,
as the loser of this one ends up in a very deep hole.   The Jets are more
desperate, and are at "home," but I failed to trust my gut last week on the
Giants and I can't make the same mistake again.  Pick: GIANTS

Oakland at Detroit - I'm going to say that the bye week and the return of
Jerry Porter makes Oakland better.   Note, however, that I said nothing
about Tuiasaspopo making them better... Pick: RAIDERS

San Diego at Chicago - Ok, the Chargers really choked on Monday night....
but their only win this season is on the road in Cleveland, and I think
that Chicago should have similar problems with LaDainian Tomlinson and
Comapny.  Pick: CHARGERS

Washington at Dallas - Washington is down to their third-string running
back, and Chad Morton and Rock Cartwright are no Arlen Harris.   This is
going to force Patrick Ramsey to throw almost every down, which will
probably get him killed behind that offensive line.  Pick: COWBOYS

Cincinnati at Arizona - This is the gimmee of the week... the Bengals
improve to .500 with the win against a bad Cardinals team that is coming
off an emotional upset win.  Pick: BENGALS

Pittsburgh at Seattle - I thought that the Steelers would turn the corner
last week.... but should have known that the Rams would obliterate the
Steelers' secondary, or lack thereof.   I don't see how a West Coast road
trip to a team coming off an upset loss to the Bengals makes things any
easier...  Pick: SEAHAWKS

Philadelphia at Atlanta - The Falcons look like the worst football team in
a long, long, time, which is just astonishing.   Pick: EAGLES

St. Louis at San Francisco - Every year I pick the Niners to beat the
Rams... but something tells me that the East Coast to West Coast road trip
for the Rams will do them no favors, and that San Francisco will play like
their backs are against the wall after blowing one in Arizona last week.
The Rams seem like the better team at this point, but I'll go with my gut
on this one.... Pick: 49ERS

Green Bay at Minnesota - Somehow Green Bay managed to lose this game almost
every year, even when they were the better team.   This year, they aren't
even that.  Pick: MINNESOTA

New England at Denver - Its hard to see how Danny Kanell will survive
against the Belichick defense, or how a Denver team that has lost two very
good linebackers to injury is going to stop the New England dink-and-dunk
attack.  Pick: PATRIOTS  UPSET SPECIAL