At 09:51 PM 11/10/2003 -0600, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 9:34 PM
Subject: Philosophical question

> What is the mean of life? > > Julia

It can be only be calculated when the end of life is known.  At that point,
one determines the point where there are an equal number of seconds in the
life before and after that point, and that is the mean of life.

Dan M.

The directions to the house we were staying at said, "15 miles after town turn right onto xxx road. Near the bottom* turn left onto yyy. 2/3 down yyy the house is on the right, with a grey shed in front." The "Near the bottom*" part was obvious because the bottom ended at the lake, but how in the world do you know when you are 2/3 the way down a street, if you can't see the end?

The vacation was mostly good. Two days of visiting wineries tasting their products. I don't like wine, but bought some bottles anyway. Spent two hours in the hot tub watching the eclipse in a completely clear sky. It was so cold however that water splashed out froze on the deck. The only bad part, the house was advertised as having cable TV but the owners had it shut off two weeks before. I asked the others, seriously, if they were giving me an intervention.

Monday went shopping, nice to do when everyone else is working. But other sightseeing venues closed earlier in the area. Spent the rest of the time when not drinking wine playing pool, watching videos, and reading, finishing three books.

Kevin T. - VRWC
Next vacation: wabbit season