But there is actually no new tech involved, just some good brainwork.
The inverted rotor/stator design is such an obvious and elegant
solution to an electric drive for vehicles that one does wonder why it
hadn't been thought of before. But I think that shows just how
difficult it is to "think out of the box".

rob

Yes, I cannot imagine it has never been tried before. In fact I'm a little confused about what I see. The outside moving ring and inside motor still have to be mechanically tied together which is not a big deal but the whole motor/rim must have stiff pivot point to allow free lateral movement of the wheel. The picture on the top of the page, the wheel is much thinner than the one shown for the bus. Not saying it's a weak point, just noticeable. And the picture does not show the electrical wires.

In fact, what is the big deal? The more I look the more I don't see. The outside rim doesn't float on nothing. There is still friction coming into play. I have way too many questions now.

Another thing: also important is the extra engine energy for heat and cooling. Can the battery pack/generator compare?

Kevin T. - VRWC
cornfused