> So what other writers or books in science fiction,
> fantasy, or horror (or
> heck, any genre) do people on the list like, even
> though they realize
> they're not exactly top-notch stuff?  James P. Hogan
> comes to mind for me,
> as well as Nancy McKenzie and Robin Wayne Bailey
> (IMO _Shadowdance_ is by
> far his best novel, and qualifies for me as a
> non-guilty pleasure).

For me its the Battletech/Mechwarrior novels, which
(like the Star Trek & SW books have various authors,
vary in quality. Since I play the game for well on 20
years I have an intense loyalty to the franchise. It
also happens that the universe is one of the most
detailed I've yet encountered...

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: