----- Original Message -----
From: "Miller, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 1:43 PM
Subject: RE: Return of the King Review Re: my mini review

I think that I see the difference in what Travis just wrote and what he
appeared to be saying earlier.

People have a right to want what they want about movies.  I see no reason
why someone says that they are bothered the divergence of a movie from a
book  But, to me, Travis's earlier comments indicated some objective
problem with the movie because it didn't follow the book more closely.

Stories are retold all the time.  Shakespeare retold a number of stories,
and his work is better remembered than the original.  Faust has been retold
many times.  West Side story stands on its own, and should not be
considered a failure because Maria lives.

Dan M.