> From: Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >> And it's not something that is praised by the guy who wrote that
> >> book
> >
> > I've seen plenty of 'christians' defend this.
> >
> I've seen 'non-christians' defend all sorts of nonsense. It doesn't
> mean that non-christians _as a whole_ defend every nonsense.
>
> > Nowhere does the book of judges speak badly of this.
> >
> Because the book is descriptive of the acts of the judges.
>
> > (Not that judges is actual history, or the
> > gosphels either, they are not).
> >
> Both are well documented on archeological findings. If they are
> fiction, they are _credible_ fiction, like a sitcom and unlike TV
series
> like Buffy or Charmed.

No, they are not.  Archeologist have debunked most of the bible as being
of any historical value.  Where is the evidence of slave labor in ancient
Egypt?  Where is the evidence for 40 year marches through the Sinai?
Where is the evidence of jericho falling (they have contradictory
evidence on this).  I could go on and on.  Where are these Fiery Flying
Serpents, or the Satyrs, or the Cockatrices, or the Dragons, or the...

Where is the evidence that a man called yeshua ever lived.  It doesn't
exist.  The earliest evidence comes from more than a century after when
this mythological figure ever supposedly lived.  None of his great
miracles made it into the histories.  No mention of the hoards of dead
prophets he resurrected marching through Jerusalem.

No the fiction is neither credible or historical.