I'm always happy to see David Brin engage with our little community here... but I'm often simultaneously worried that it'll be the last time.

It is a rare on-line community that enjoys the participation of the person who inspired its birth. The more well-known that person and the longer the community exists, the less likely he or she is to show up.

The best way for me to be able to respond gracefully to strong words and apologies from David is to practice doing so with everyone.

Nick
--
Nick Arnett
Director, Business Intelligence Services