--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Lalith Vipulananthan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Jan Coffey wrote:
>
> > That web site as you probably can tell is the web presence of the
Sci-
> > Fi channel, and Sci-Fi Mag.
> >
> > I don't know what your deffinition of "mainline SF magazines" is,
but
> > I would think that this particulare one, while not what I would
> > consider to be "mainline", it's kind of in the oposite direction
on
> > that axis from the direction your request seemd to imply you were
> > requesting.
>
> Actually it isn't. It is the address of Scifiction (or SCIFICTION
as the
> editor Ellen Datlow would have it), an independent ezine funded and
> hosted by The Sci-Fi Channel.
>
> I'm unable to decode exactly what you are trying to say in your last
> sentence but I notice you don't make any alternative suggestions.
For me
> "the mainline SF magazines" clearly implies Asimovs, Analog, F&SF
and
> the like. So let's recap: newer ezine? Check. Hot and with-it?
Check.
> Good fiction with media coverage that brings in a young crowd?
Check.
> Paying market? Check

Well it IS Sci-Fi's website. It doesn't matter what way you orgainize
the company, or which bucket the dollors go into or whatever.

It's Sci-Fi Channel (Full Stop)

I was refering to the axis running from grass roots to plastic-
corparat-controlled. Underground to comercial. Inteligent Sci-Fi to
Sci-Fi for baffons.

And if db was looking to go deeper than mainline, to a grass roots
kind of op, Sci-Fi channel would be the exact opposit direction.