Kevin Tarr wrote:

<snipped some>

As I said, I'm not a work person. I love my job, but don't like workplace interactions. One boss, the one who criticizes everything I do, was visibly upset that I didn't know who another person was, their name. I've talked to him three times, if that. He doesn't wear a name tag saying "I'm Al!". In fact, a person I speak with said knowing names is given too much weight in society. A chair or flower should be known for a group of objects, but no one gets upset if you don't know what a ladderback or iris is. But interact with a hundred or more people, you have to know every name?

Kevin T. - VRWC
Suppose I would have learned that skill in a frat ;-)

I have a similar problem. I found that the use of a note pad and pen are a good remedy if a bit of a cheat. For me it is just so difficult to remember names that I even on occasion manage to misplace the names of people I have worked with for years on end. They are not truely forgotten just not available to my tongue when I need them. It is so embarressing. Once written down I know I can look up the name and for me that makes it easier and less stressfull when I've misplaced a name, because I know that I remember the exact spot I've written it down in. Now isn't that weird?

Sonja :o)
GCU: Peoples person as long as I don't need names.