On 4/9/04 12:29 AM, "Tom Beck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The story about the young man who drowned in mud had me almost shaking
> with rage. The fact that literally nothing was done to punish the woman
> who owns the company that employed him - how can _anyone_ not feel
> infuriated by the lack of justice in this case?

As someone who lives and breathes OSHA and MiOSHA all day long, that case
made me very angry.  I am in charge of buying large stamping presses and
safety is something that I plan from the beginning of any project.  The sad
thing about OSHA is that they only go where the money is.  Since I work for
a large corporation, we are under a lot more scrutiny than a small business
with 5-10 employees.  But more often than not...its employees not thinking
about what they're doing.

Eyeglasses with sideshields required,
Matthew Bos