Galactica Launches

SCI FI Channel's upcoming original series Battlestar Galactica begins
production this week in Vancouver, B.C., the network announced.

Based on the December 2003 miniseries that became the most-watched cable
miniseries of the year, Galactica returns to SCI FI Channel as a one-
hour weekly drama in early 2005.

Richard Hatch, who starred as Apollo in the original 1970s Battlestar
Galactica TV series, will make a special guest appearance in an early
episode of the new show, playing a Nelson Mandela-like figure, Peter
Zarek. Having spent the last 20 years in jail for inciting civil unrest
against the government of the 12 Colonies of Kobol, Zarek and his
followers riot against the leadership of the ragtag fleet, taking over
the vessel on which they are being held and creating a hostage
situation, which Adama (Edward James Olmos) and President Roslin (Mary
McDonnell) must resolve.

The show reunites miniseries stars Olmos, McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff
(Starbuck) and Tricia Helfer (Number Six) with the rest of the Galactica
cast. The series is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David
Eick. Michael Rymer, who directed the four-hour mini, returns to direct
the series' premiere episode.

Tom Beck

my LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tomfodw/

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never thought I'd see the last." - Dr. Jerry Pournelle