At 01:32 PM 5/12/04, Nick Arnett wrote:
Gautam Mukunda wrote:

http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=68

My summary... don't try to talk to anyone after you've decided that they are part of an extremist group. Just kill them.

I'm troubled by the implication that such a group of people is easily identified.

I'd say that there are at least five who are easy to so label.

At 09:45 AM 5/12/04, Gautam Mukunda wrote:
--- Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, didn't they allegedly (I don't speak
> Arabic, and the sound quality
> on the piece of video I have seen replayed on the
> news is so poor that I
> couldn't tell what anyone was saying, no matter what
> language they were
> saying it in) say that they were doing this in
> retaliation for the prison
> abuses?  Or did I get that wrong, too?

> -- Ronn! :)

It wouldn't shock me if they did - but so what?
Everything about that video was a carefully crafted
propaganda statement (one done by idiots, but idiots
who might be saved by the Western media's belief that
only images that piss off Americans are verboten,
while those that anger the rest of the world _at_
Americans are just fine).  _Of course_ they would
claim that - it's the obvious move.  The question is,
though, do you believe them?

Actually, it doesn't matter a flying fig whether I believe them or not, or whether they believe themselves or not. The proper response is found above at the end of the fourth line from the top.

-- Ronn! :)