Yesterday Dick Cheney blasted John Kerrey for voting in the Senate against various defense spending bills. It turns out, the Bush Administration REQUESTED most of those cuts!

Cheney: Kerrey voted against defense spending.

Reporter: But, sir...you ASKED him to vote against those defense spending bills!

Cheney: That's irrelevant. The fact is, he voted against defense spending.

This is most blatant chutzpah since Colin Ferguson acted as his own defense attorney in the LIRR shooting and asked his own victims if they recognized the man who had shot them.

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never thought I'd see the last." - Dr. Jerry Pournelle