In a message dated 5/4/2004 8:07:40 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Cameras are a big faux past in SF now.
>
> It distracted me in a couple Piper novels this year.

Oh, that's been over a decade for me.

Tapes can be transfered at 60 speed from viewer to viewer, but ol' Jack
Holloway spends an entire afternoon developing movie film. There's a real science
faux paux internal to Fuzzy Sapiens. Snooper robots can go through the ducts,
but the vault as described has no defense against being robbed by using snooper
robots.

Sheep and cotton.

That's my big Jijo bugaboo.

If you expect to set up a colony on an uninhabited world where you don't know
how useful the local flora and fauna are going to be, then you have to bring
your fabric sources with you.

(And the only reason I haven't yet changed the subject line to Br!n.)

Probable answer: Mulc cotton already existed and the Noor thought the sheep
were tasty while they lasted.

William Taylor