----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Minette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: Terrorism too close to home...

I suppose that is because genetic priorities do not necessarily favor
social interactions. Genetic priorities operate mostly at the
individual level, so what is good for an individual may not be good
for an associated group. Morality is concerned with groups and is
geared toward ensuring the viability and survival of a group.

I'm just guessing, but I would think that language, ethics/morality,
and bigger brains developed in lockstep with each other. With genetic
success came denser populations, more opportunities for interaction
between individuals and groups, and a need for ethical/moral rules
that covered ground genetic imperatives did not address.

xponent
Rules Maru
rob