At 04:15 PM 13/09/04 -0700, David Brin wrote:

snip

There is a fellow - a member of the science fiction community - who some of you might want to read about. He's in Canada right now, fighting extradition back to the US for offending a certain offshoot religious movement that (ironically) also arose out of sci fi.

Actually it's deportation, but given what the deputy DA told the cops three years ago it amounts to the same thing if the Canadians expel me into the US.

Here is testimony from May 13, 2004. A Toronto cop is being quizzed by my lawyer about events when I came here three and a half years ago (Robert K Schwarz is the deputy DA who prosecuted the case against me with the help of a former Mafia lawyer.)

                        Q.  I don't think you need to go into that.  I
think we're all aware of that.  Did Mr. Schwarz  did you ask
him if he was going to take any steps to extradite Mr. Henson?
                        A.  Yes, I did.
                        Q.  And he responded that he wasn't?
                        A.  He said the State of California would not
extradite Mr. Henson from Canada, however, if Mr. Henson was
found to be in another State, such as New York, then they would
probably proceed with extradition requests from New York.
                        Q.  I see.  But he made it clear to you that they
have no intention to try to extradite him from Canada?
                        A.  It came down to a matter of cost, dollars and
cents.
                        Q.  He wasn't candid enough to admit that they
couldn't extradite him from Canada?
                        A.  No.  He just said that the State of
California would not extradite Mr. Henson from Canada…
                        Q.  I see.
                        A.  … because of the cost.

Of course Scientology would be footing the bill. Someone who has been sentenced does not have to be extradited, they can just be kidnapped by bounty hunters. And cult agents have made fairly clear public threats that I would not survive jail. (Pointer here: http://www.operatingthetan.com/civil-rights-letter-redacted.htm )

If you are in Canada and want to help, send me email for how to do it.

Anyplace else, a email of a few lines asking my local Member of Parliament to help keep me in Canada would be highly appreciated. My MP is Lloyd St Amand, his email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] And please send me a blind cc. If you want to spread this to other places/list, please do.

I was going to put this information on a web site, www.operatingthetan.com, but the guy who runs that is awful busy at the moment.

Much appreciate your mentioning my plight David.

Keith Henson

PS There is an interesting analysis of the jury in the case against me here http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=414258B6.8090205%40sympatico.ca

Those who are curious may drop by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Henson

I'll check in a bit later with info about his appeal for help.