Robert Seeberger wrote:

Sonja van Baardwijk-Holten wrote:

Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

From The Century Foundation:

<snipped all but 1 of the 21 KB post>

And you might have had the good grace to add an L3 to that
subjectline. :o)

Sonja
GCU: Friendly reminder of our etiquette guidelines

Sorry, that is my most oft repeated sin.
There is no excuse,
But here is mine.<G>
I have very few constraints when it comes to downloading things. I
have a cable account, quite fast, and effectively no limitations on
downloads.

So do I. But I tend to skip the L3 ones and first find out if there is an interesting discussion going on behind them before I read those threads from the top. If no L3 is mentioned I doggedly read on and on and on and.... then realise that it's a damn long post before skipping it annoyed because of it being a singular post. So it's not the bandwith, but the time I'm bemoaning.

So when others add the L3 to a subject I tend not to notice it. It
really has zero effect on any decision making I may do. There is
simply no decision.
I receive 200 - 500 emails a day and that is less than one percent of
the bits downloaded into my network on a given day.

The only way that "L3 net enviromentalism" impinges upon my
conciousness is if people remind me.

Sorry to rattle your conciousness like that. ;o) I could have checked the size firs. I have set message size as one of the features to be displayed now, so feel free to continue skipping the L3, untill others start to clobber you. ;o)

With the kind of connectivity that is common over here (they actually
give bandwidth away for free at baseball games)(no kidding) it rarely
enters your mind that you might be causing problems for someone in
"the developing world"<G>.

Try not to look down on us too much. We are catching up fast.

Sonja :o)
GCU: ADSL rocks.