David wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but this answer strikes me as somehow missing the point, or trying to be a smart-alek.

That's Alberto. 8^)

Allow me to restate John's question as a request: Please post more information or a link to more information.

I'd be interested too, I am having trouble comming up with anything on Google given the names you supplied. I did find a few details about the period in a discussion of a movie called Four Days in September about the kidnapping of the American ambassador in 1969 by the resistance group MR8 which was kind of interesting:

http://www.brazzil.com/pages/p24feb98.htm

--
Doug