----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: Brin: Second Salvo

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 05:55:11PM -0500, Dan Minette wrote:
>
> > But, aren't Supreme Court rulings part of the law?
>
> I believe they call them decisions. Interpretations of the law.

AFAIK, case law is part of the law.  I'll check with a law professor friend
of mine next chance I get.

>Which is obviously not sufficiently precise for all situations.

Nothing, even a precise definition, is fully proof against lawyers who are
good at gaiming the system.

> Besides, the Supreme Court hasn't ruled on everything, has it?

No, but lets look at experimental data.  I regularly see/hear of women
convicted of some form of homicide or another for killing their newborns.
Often it appears that the killing takes right after birth.

Since Roe vs. Wade, I have not heard of a homicide conviction that has been
upheld for a late term abortion.  If you could provide me with a
counter-example, then you would have made your case.  Otherwise, there is
overwhelming evidence that the line between homicide/cannot be homicide is
at birth.

Dan M.