Once again, the media has egg on its face with calling the States.

We were told that the "projection" departments of the media outlets were
going to be sequestered, so that they could not be influenced by outside
predictions and other calls.

We now have the situation that one media outlet, NBC has called OH for
Bush.   Every other media outlet that has not called OH has called NV -
except NBC, which refuses to call NV.     Coincidence?   I think not.   So
much for the BS about independent projections.

We're now engaged in an early morning staring contest, with the media
clearly uwilling to do what they have done in every previous election -
declare the obvious result of the returns as they come in.   In fact, Peter
Jennings and Tom Brokaw are practically begging Bush to ignore them and
declare victory himself.    Even more hillariously, they are spending hours
discussing how the Democrats will cope with losing - without refusing to
simply state the obvious, that the Democrats have in fact lost.

Four years later, we have another omlette on our hand.

JDG