On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:12 AM, Dan Minette wrote:

All of this should be doable. The only thing that he cannot do is get Roe
vs. Wade overturned. That would give the Democrats an easy way to be the
majority party again.

As much as I'd like to agree with you on this point, and as much as I'd like to see my party lead again, I am not sure that this is true any more.

The "Well /I/ never..." crowd is large and in charge.

This is not to say that we should give up on progressive causes, just
that we need to live in the world we live in, working to change it by
appealing to those who think differently than we do.

Blessings,

Dave