At 02:43 PM 26/12/04 -0500, you wrote:

> Huh? You mean plate tectonics? Google Results 1 - 10 of > about 311,000 for "plate tectonics" > > This is *the* established underlying geological knowledge > base if that is what you were taking about.

Actually, I was searching for something like: earthquakes earth rotation
disruption
I had plenty of hits, but mainly from the disaster theory sites, not quite
what I was looking for.

Well, after a big earthquake the earth *does* wobble. Not that it is anything you can notice without sensitive instruments.

> I well remember following its development during the 60s. I > don't think there has been any opposition to it for at least > the last 20 years.

Are you talking about plate tectonics

yes

or "earth crust displacement" theory
which was also postulated in the 60's, but is generally looked down on by
most serious geophysics?

never heard of anything by that name.

Keith

I think you mean plate tectonics.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I know better than to post when I
am tired :-)