> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:00:43 -0500, Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > It may be a cosmetic problem, but its also a real pain. I sometimes have
> > problems with my *toes* hurting because the nails are too thick, and
filing
> > them down is tedious and time consuming (that said, I did get a Dremel
> > mototool for Xmas, so that might help out...as long as I don't cut my
toes
> > off!). I've considered taking the "curative" to get rid of it, though
with

Bryon Daly replied:

> It's been done before...
> My wife got a pedicure a few weeks ago and was quite surprised when
> the man doing it whipped out a Dremel and promised he'd be done twice
> as fast that way.  None of the women giving pedicures were using
> Dremels.  He did a good job, though, and was done quickly, and with no
> dismemberments, etc. to speak of.

The vet that we take our guinea pigs and pygmie hedgehog to see uses a
Dremel to do their nails.  Also, the long front teath of guinea pigs
continue to grow their entire life, and when they are not in the wild they
often grow long enough to become a problem.  Our vet uses her Dremel to file
those down too.

Reggie
<relurking>