On Feb 12, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Nick Lidster wrote:

Have to ask how shooting someone will make people stop sending spam? did thedeath penealty stop peoople from committing murder?

I realize that on the internet one expects to see emoticons to act as cues for determining whether a poster is happy, sad or winking; I *occasionally* prefer to leave people in the dark as to my intent, allowing the cues in the text itself to act as tone.

My post can be read as wry, sarcastic, serious, what have you. Do you honestly believe I'd advocate shooting spammers?

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf