On Feb 22, 2005, at 7:29 PM, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:36:56 -0700, Warren Ockrassa
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
a lot of great info about PKD novels and stories.

Warren, thanks for the great analysis.  I have not read any PKD, and
now I know where to start.

:D

I do like da'guy. Also, as there's soon to be a film version of _A Scanner Darkly_ coming out, you might want to consider that novel as well.

And please don't hold the dreadful film _Paycheck_ against the short of that same name.

Gary Sinise was in a sleeper called _Impostor_ that was based on a PKD
short. After _Blade Runner_ it's my favorite text-to-screen adaptation;
it stayed fairly true to the story and its ending was *not* the same
one PKD wrote -- but it would, I think, have met with his approval.

Which version of the movie? The original and the director's cut have different endings.

Ah, you've seen the short version as well as the theatrical release. To my mind, the short version was just fine as it was...

Are both of them different from PKD's original?

Yes!

Which one is closer?

Ha, neither! (IIRC -- it's unfortunately been about 2 years since I've been able to see that movie...)

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf