* Dan Minette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> there is no empirical evidence for human rights.  Holding truths to be
> self-evident indicates that the founding fathers believed this too.
> It makes sense, because that understanding was very much a part of the
> enlightenment.

I think many people would more-or-less agree with me that a
civilization/society similar to Iain Banks' Culture is a worthwhile goal
for the human race to aspire to.

What do you think is the most likely and efficient way to get there from
here? Capitalism or communism? Democracy or totalitarianism? Freedom or
oppression?

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/