On Apr 7, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 12:04 AM Friday 4/8/2005, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

Sigh. Reproduction via union of sperm and egg is sex. It's not meaningful to speak of an asexual pregnancy, and it's impossible for artificial insemination techniques to have existed 2K years ago.

But the fact that we know how to do it now contradicts your absolute assertion that "Virgin conception is impossible."

I should have said asexual conception. That's what's meant, I think, by the term "virgin conception".

All it would prove if such a case did occur some 2 millennia ago is that it required intervention by someone or something with access to knowledge and technology at least equal to that available to a twenty-first-century doctor, whether that someone or something was space aliens or God.

Or, much more simply, that Mary was not a virgin. That's a considerably more likely explanation than aliens or a deity.

I think it's a real stretch,

Ahem.

:D

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf