Nick wrote:

Certainly. The kind of collateral damage we're seeing in Iraq is unacceptable in a police action. Police, even SWAT teams and such, operate under very
different rules. They target only the perpetrators. They don't destroy the infrastructure of the country. They don't replace local authority unless it is criminal. It is crime-fighting, not nation-building.

Not that I don't agree with most of your post but didn't we target Bosnian infrastructure - bridges, power plants etc. with the bombing. I thought the only thing we tried to avoid was civilian casualties.

--
Doug