JDG:

Nick:
I really don't mean to inflame things by asking, but would you apply cost-
benefit analysis to abortion? Is war really so different?

No, as cost-benefit-analysis can never be used to justify an intrinsicly
evil action. For example, if cost-benefit-analysis showed that our
civilization would be better off by rounding up and euthanizing the
homeless, I would be opposed to that policy. Since I don't consider war
to be intrinsically evil - that is I believe that a "just war" exists,
cost-benefit-analysis becomes an appropriate consideration in recommending
for or against a war.

OK, but what's that got to do with abortion?

--
Doug