--- JDG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 05:13 PM 4/26/2005 -0700, Nick Arnett wrote:
> >> I think that the fact that al-Zarqawi is able to
> evade the US in an
> >> country that has a large amount of US military
> presence
> >
> >"Large amount?"  Talked to any military people
> about this?  We are and have
> >been vastly under-staffed for the job we're trying
> to do there.  Intitution
> >tells me that's a major reason we're seeing so many
> troops return with
> PTSD.
> >We are spread very, very thin over there.
>
> None of which at all contradicts the term "large
> amount."
>
> JDG

For that matter, I've talked to a _lot_ of military
people about this, and, while I think we're grossly
under-staffed over there, in no way is that a
unanimous opinion.  Of the four military officers who
are currently military fellows at MIT, for example,
the Marine and the Army officer (the two combat
veterans in the bunch, interestingly enough - both
from Iraq, one from first Iraq, the other from the
second) vociferously disagree with me on that.

Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"
http://www.mukunda.blogspot.com