-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Edmunds
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 12:01 AM
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com
Subject: Fare thee well my beautiful Vulcan,was RE: Star Trek signs off
tonight....

>From: "Gary Nunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
>Subject: Star Trek signs off tonight....
>Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:35:03 -0400
>
>As most of us know, Star Trek Enterprise signs off tonight with two back to
>back episodes. ... I wonder what the next incarnation of Star Trek will be?

Hard to say. Personally though I'd like to see a jump to the not so distant
future. Similar to the TOS - TNG transition in essence; i.e. far enough
ahead to evoke the sense of progression for this universe, yet close enough
to be easily connected with "present day" Trek a la the conclusion of
Voyager.

-Travis

The Travis and I have discussed this on many occasions, and a future jump
some 50-100 years into the future would be great as Travis said a la
voyager.

Personally I would not mind something out the back door of the federation...
a la mirror universe. You could do a 4-5 season run and start at "first
Contact" and complete somewhere near the end of DS9. Yes I know it is around
300-400 years to cover but a lot of that time is spread out under occupation
by the alliance so you can cover some human uprisings and such. Do the whole
rise and fall of the Terran Empire, its occupation, persucation and the
start of its new rise to strength and power with the starting of the New
Federation or it "good" mirror self.

Nick... good bye T'pol I shall miss you