> Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<much snippage>

> Anyway, I have some relevant experience in the area,
> and can tell you
> that the parents who only accidentally leave their
> kids in the car
> will torture themselves in ways that make Abu Ghraib
> and Gitmo look like preschool.

<nods> That's what I thought.

OTOH, as Warren wrote:

"I've got a long list of peeves along those lines.
>From my perspective an ungrateful, unappreciative
parent -- one who does not recognize the innate worth
of his own children -- is probably the least
comprehensible entity I can imagine. Even sociopathic
bomb-wielding terrorists I can understand; but a
father who rejects his own flesh and blood on *any*
level is skating the edge of being summarily
sterilized.  I find it astonishingly galling that
there are so many men who casually sire and abandon."

While my nuturing side feels that such broken men
might be 'healed' with time and patience, my practical
brain thinks selective sterilization would prevent a
heck of a lot of misery in this world.  Of course, who
would I trust (besides myself and select friends) to
wield that sort of power?

I don't recall how _human_ Probationers were
classified/sentenced (chimps and dolphins of course
had to submit to the authority of the Uplift Board WRT
breeding rights) in Himself's universe.  Anybody?

Debbi
Selective Snippage Indeed Maru