> Warren Ockrassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apropos of nothing specific, here's a quiz that
> alleges to tell you
> which religions are more in line with your personal
> weltanschauung:
>
> <http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html>
>
> I got (1-9 don't surprise me much):
>
> 1.    Unitarian Universalism (100%)
> 2.    Liberal Quakers (94%)
> 3.    Secular Humanism (92%)
> 4.    Theravada Buddhism (88%)
> 5.    Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (82%)
> 6.    Taoism (69%)
> 7.    Neo-Pagan (66%)
> 8.    Nontheist (65%)
> 9.    Mahayana Buddhism (63%)
> 10.   Bahá'í Faith (56%)...

Hey, there weren't any categories for heretics!   ;)
I selected one sentence from each group below with
which I particularly agree.

Moi:
1.  Liberal Quakers (100%)
    The primary focus is nondogmatic: God is love,
love is eternal, and our actions in life should
reflect love for all of humanity.

2.  Neo-Pagan (98%)
    No human incarnations are worshipped in
particular, as all of nature and the universe are
considered embodiments of God and Goddess, or of gods
and goddesses, worthy of respect, reverence, or
worship.

3.  Unitarian Universalism (96%)
    Most believe that God is good and made people
inherently good but also with free will and an
imperfect nature that leads some to immoral behavior.

4.  New Age (92%)
    Most believe there are no particular incarnations
to worship, as all in the universe are embodiments of
God.  [I actually _don't_ think of myself as a NewAger
at all, not going in for tarot or crystal-gazing, and
I _do_ believe that evil exists, though not as a
personal Devil.]

5.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (83%)
    Goodness will somehow be rewarded and evil
punished after death, but what is most important is
how you show your faith and conduct your life on
earth.

6.  Mahayana Buddhism (82%)
    Buddha taught the middle path, moderation.

7.  Reform Judaism (82%)
    Salvation is achieved through faith and prayer to
God, good works, concern for the earth and humanity,
and behavior that does no harm to others.

8.  Bahá'í Faith (78%)
    “Hell” is the self-made torture of isolation from
God--spiritual death.

9.  Secular Humanism (69%)
    The scientific method is most respected as the
means for revealing the mysteries of the origins of
the universe and life.

10. Theravada Buddhism (67%)
    People have free will to commit wrongs or rights.

So, other than the critical-mass NewAger, that's not
too far from my self-proclaimed (with recent revision)
belief system, I think...

Debbi
Heretic-Lutheran Gaian-Deist Maru