>From my blog I had a link to a London commentary:

How Blair's War on Terror differs from Bush's

Britain follows the law.

    Almost every significant aspect of the investigation to bring the
London terrorists to justice is the opposite of Bush's "war on
terrorism". From the leading role of Scotland Yard to the close
cooperation with police, the British effort is at odds with the US
operation directed by the Pentagon.

    Just months before the London bombings, upon visiting the
Guantánamo prison, British counter-terrorism officials were startled
that they did not meet with legal authorities, but only military
personnel; they were also disturbed to learn that the information they
gathered from the CIA was unknown to the FBI counter-terrorism team
and that the British were the only channel between them. The British
discovered that the New York City Police Department's
counter-terrorism unit was more synchronised with its methods and aims
than the US government was.

Gary Denton

Easter Lemming Liberal News Digest
http://elemming2.blogspot.com