--- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:28 PM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:
>
> > --- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I am not picking a fight with you, but what is
> the
> >> basis of this claim?
>
> My question remains unanswered.

If you insist on ignoring my point, I cannot help you.
 My point is that it is somewhere between unlikely and
impossible for a DepSec to be a major player in the
decision to go to war.  It's pretty obvious.  While I
would love to be a DepSec, and they are important
people, they aren't the people who make decisions like
going to war.  Wolfowitz didn't have the power to do
that himself. No one in a position to do that was
influenced by him to any great extent.  Anyone who
thinks Donald Rumsfeld (for example) could be
manipulated by a _political science professor_ like
Wolfowitz is just nuts.  Wolfowitz is more important
than I am (this is not hard).  He's much, much less
important than the people who _actually made the
decision_.  None of whom were Jewish.  It was
convenient for some war opponents to create a Jewish
conspiracy.  As Hitchens said, it's pretty obvious
what's going on.  http://www.slate.com/id/2084147
But, in the end, he was _only a deputy secretary_.
It's implausible, to put it mildly, that he was the
crucial figure in the decision.

Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"