On 8/22/05, Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Minimum speed of time is the opposite: all possible acceleration, that
> >is, light speed.    Intuitively, this should make time stand still,
> >and it does. And faster still would be going backwards in time
> >(tachyons, anyone?).
>
> Speaking of which, if this were possible, HOW exactly would time go
> backwards? Would time flow backwards ONLY for the internal time reference
> (I assume; i.e. nuclear decay would go backwards, etc), or would you
> actually be able to see the universe go "backwards" in time in the same way
> we can now see the universe go forwards?
>
> Damon.

If a physicist were here, he'd probably smack us and tell us to
distinguish between entropy and the arrow of time/dimension of time.
My understanding is that "going backwards" in time is the same as
moving about, just the place we move is, in our time reference system,
prior to our ownl; entropy would still proceed forward as usual.  Now,
what entropy going backwards consistently would look like, or whether
we could even be meaningfully said to live, is a whole different
kettle of worms.

~Maru
IANAP; I only play one on the radio