At 12:19 PM Tuesday 8/23/2005, Dave Land wrote:

On Aug 23, 2005, at 10:03 AM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

On Aug 23, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Dave Land wrote:

Finally, "Wipe OUT" (the activist toilet paper liberation
organization) prefers to co-opt the term "Toilet Paper" to
eliminate its power to marginalize this most humble of paper
products.

Sure, but you can't actually say "TP" unless you *are* TP. You're
supposed to say "the TP-word" instead.

And by describing it as a "humble" paper product you're betraying
your own anti-Charminism. Shame on you.

It *is* humble. When's the last time you saw or heard it making any
claims for itself?

If I choose to let paper products of my acquaintance speak for
themselves, it is solely to avoid the kind of paternalism that is
threatening to put this thread on the sad trajectory of "Mindless and
Heartless."

Dave

Gautam: well-spotted

Eee-ew!