-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Warren Ockrassa
Sent: November 27, 2005 2:24 AM
To: Killer Bs Discussion
Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica renewed

On Nov 22, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Kevin Street wrote:

> William T Goodall quoted:
>
>> SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its original series
>> Battlestar Galactica for a third season. Production on the 20-episode
>> order is slated to begin in Vancouver, Canada, in February 2006 for
>> premiere later in the year, the network said.
>
> This is great news, but it's kind of ironic too. The series is shot
> here in
> Canada, but we won't get to see the second season until January...

I thought it was funny watching SI when "Boomer" was getting her ass
kicked on the roof of some warehouse in Calgary or Toronto, wondering
how the producers had managed to get just the right angle to make the
city look like "Caprica". The other good one was an OTS shot that
showed a radio tower with a huge W on top of it. W what?

I love the new BSG. I really do. It has complex character development
and a storyline that is mercifully bereft of the "reset button" at
episode's end. But damn, would it be so hard to not have dumpsters in
the background when shooting dialogue in some "alien" world's back
alley?

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
<http://books.nightwares.com/>

filmed in Vancouver BC. The "W" on that radio tower is a historical
structure in Vancouver... not far from UBC campus if IIRC... and the
building its on is part of a student housing and shop complex.....

nick