Dan wrote:

I'm sure you read a report that stated that, but I've read lots of reports on all sorts of things like that and I take them with a very large grain of salt: e.g. I really really don't believe that the evidence for Clinton
murdering his aids is reliable.

So, I would check the versimilitude of such reports. The DOE has, at it's website

You're aware, I'm certain, that the Secretary of Energy reports directly to George Bush.

And speaking of bias, you may or may not be aware that you yourself project a strong, pro oil/energy industry bias. You displayed it prominently in discussions about the California energy crisis, in discussions about alternative energy and here in discussions about Bush/Iraq.

I don't fault you for it; it is understandable given your profession and your geographic location. I understand that you will probably deny it vigorously. But from my POV it's blatant and obvious.

--
Doug